Ever try winning back an ex boyfriend? Every single move you make can be extremely important. Yet what's even more important... the moves you DON'T make. Getting back with your ex can be like walking a tightrope, with the slightest error costing you any chance of getting back together. Read on, and find out some of the worst mistakes made while trying to get you ex back.
When it comes to reversing your breakup, less is more. Your chances of fixing romance between you and your ex boyfriend are often best when you do the least amount of work toward it. Winning back your boyfriend is more about inaction - at least initially - than it is about action. The first thing you need to do is nothing. Later on, you'll begin carefully moving along the path to getting back with him... but for now, you should avoid the following blunders that could cost you a chance at getting back in his arms:
* Don't Try to Convince Him - During a breakup, you're going to tell him a thousand things you think will make your ex want you back. None of them will matter. You're not going to suddenly convince him that you're the love of his life, or that you can "change for him", or anything along those lines. He'll respect you more if you say less. Walk away and accept the fact that your relationship is over, at least for now. Once you've swallowed this, you can concentrate on planning to eventually rebuild it.
* Don't Cry or Beg - This is never the answer. Crying or begging your boyfriend only heaps unfair guilt upon him. He's going to be more concerned with getting you to stop crying more than anything else, and later on he's going to resent feeling guilty for your unhappiness. Just as strength and confidence are attractive in a man, these traits are also sought after in a woman. Breaking down like this shows him nothing but weakness and vulnerability.
* Don't Contact Him - This one goes without saying. The process of how to win back an ex boyfriend involves one huge thing: making him miss you. He can't miss you if you're sending him an email once an hour, or text-messaging him from dusk till dawn. Don't call, either. After the breakup, you'll want to drop out of his view for a while. Although it hurts to not see or hear from him, you have to keep your long term goal in mind: winning him back.
* Don't Give Ultimatums - One of the worst things you can do, angrily handing your exboyfriend some arbitrary deadlines or ultimatums is absolutely nuts. You're not going to scare him into getting back with you, and even if you could, would you want him? These deadlines will come and go, and suddenly you look foolish because he knows you're not going to follow through on them. Keep your self-respect and your ex will keep his respect for you.
* Don't Spy or Stalk Him - Obsessing over your breakup is something to be avoided. Driving past your ex's house, job, school, or wherever... it's always bad news. Even if you're not detected, you're putting yourself into a downward spiral of worry and hopelessness that's going to be tough to recover from. This will make you desperate, and any guy in the world will smell it all over you. Later on when you try for a reconciliation, you want to remain positive and happy. Stalking your ex will only lead to trouble.